West Kirby & Hilbre Island
Hilbre: Hildeburgheye (1388)
Hildeberg’s island. From Old English personal name Hildeburg (female),
it may have been that the monastery on the island was dedicated to St
West Kirby: Cherchebia (1081).
Village with a Church. From Old Norse Kirkju-byr. Prefix West- used to
distinguish it from Kirkby in Wallia, now called Wallasey.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/457771247574359/ - North Wirral Group